Tuesday 16 October 2012

Equipment/Prop List

As my cast and location are all finalised now, all I need is an equipment list before I get started. By creating this, I will not have the chance of forgetting to bring certain props, which would stop me from being able to film some scenes.
As there is no dialogue in my short film, props will play a large role in telling the story (the audience shouldn't have to lose track as to what is happening; they should be able to easily follow the story).

My equipment and props I shall be using include:

Video Camera - To film my short film
  • Tripod - To keep the video camera still - keeping a still shot is incredibly important when filming as the playback will be much better, therefore a tripod will be used where possible
  • Storyboard - I shall bring my storyboard as I will know the order to film my shots, so it makes it easier to film as I can just follow it.
  • Mobile phone - My protagonist will have her mobile placed in the lounge, and when it starts to ring she will answer it and realise nobody is there, which will add to the spookiness of the film.
  • Kitchen knife - When my protagonist starts to investigate the house, she will pick up a knife from the kitchen. Therefore this will show that she is very scared, to the point where she is willing to murder whoever is haunting her. The antagonist will have a knife that he carries to, so he can kill her at the end of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment