Sunday 14 October 2012

First Filming - Testing The Video Cameras and Tripods

In order to get used to cameras we'll use for filming, we took them out around the school and took some shots and short clips testing different angles. This was extremely helpful because when it comes to filming we will find it a lot easier due to the testing we did.
This is a shot of me trying out a high angled shot. I experimented with this particular shot because it is one I will be using a fair amount in my short film, therefore doing this will benefit me as I will understand where and how to use high angled shots.



This is another picture of us experimenting with cameras. We tried filming with and without the tripods, and all of us came to the conclusion that using a tripod was much better. This is simply because tripods make each shot perfectly still. I found out that no matter how still your hands are, when you play the piece of film back it will always be slightly shaky. Therefore in my short film I will always be using a tripod, where and whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment