Tuesday 2 October 2012

Representation Of Characters

Protagonist

This is an example of the kind of person my protagonist will look and dress like -






I have chosen to use a female to act as my protagonist. She will be an innocent blonde, as this will make her look not as powerful, therefore when she dies we will feel sorry for her. Females stereotypically will get more scared than boys will, therefore my short film will be more effective with a female. She will be wearing ordinary/casual clothing, to show that it is just a regular day, so we don't suspect anything going wrong for her. My protagonist will be in her mid-teens because the target audience will easily be able to relate to her as many of the viewers will be female. Also, the younger she is, the more scary it will be for her to walk around a large house alone, with a killer, therefore we feel much more sorry for her as an audience. Many point-of-view shots and high angled shots will be used with her as this will make her look much more vulnerable, and we will see what is happening from her height; making it more realistic.

Antagonist

This is an example of the kind of person my antagonist will look and dress like -





I will be using a male to act as my antagonist, as males are stereotypically stronger, and there are more male killers than female ones. Similar to the picture, I shall be using a white face mask, as it creates an unknown feel. However, instead of just leaving it plain white I will be adding black pen to it. As the antagonist will be dressed up we will not know his age, however we shall presume he is in his very late teens/early twenties. I will be dressing him up in a ripped suit, to add to his spooky, unknown feel. I shall be using many low angle and point-of-view shots with my antagonist, to add realism to my film and to make him look stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment